Montes Alpha Chardonnay 750 ml

  • En oferta
  • Precio habitual ₡ 18.000,00
Los gastos de envío se calculan en la pantalla de pagos.
  • Añejamiento: 70% in French oak for 12 months and the other 30% was fermented in stainless steel tanks
  • País: Chile
  • Región: Colchagua Valley
  • Varietal: 100% Chardonnay

Seventy percent of the Alpha Chardonnay was aged in barrel and 20-30% went through malolactic fermentation. Medium straw-colored, its nose delivers an attractive perfume of apple, pear, and a touch of oak. On the palate the oak is totally integrated. This is accompanied by a smooth-textured wine with plenty of ripe fruit, good balance, and a lengthy finish. It is an excellent value in quality Chardonnay.

– Jay Miller (Robert Parker, Wine Advocate)

A ripe, showy style, with pear, fig and melon notes backed by alluring toast. Lively acidity keeps this honest through the lengthy, butter-tinged finish. Drink now.

– 90 points James Molesworth (Wine Spectator)
About Montes Alpha:

Montes had its mindset to create better Chilean wines, an obsession. Montes then, lead the way venturing into the Apalta Valley and mountain slope plantations. Montes constantly sought quality, and became again a pioneer in Syrah plantations in Colchagua. Results surged faster than expected: the first ultra-premium (super-Chilean or icon) wine, the Montes Alpha M 1996 (a classic Bordeaux) was followed by another which has become a cult-wine, the Montes Folly 2000 (minimum production of 100% Syrah), and finally the first Chilean Carménère (over 75%) launched in May, 2005 and Purple Angel (Carménère 92%). Each and everyone became an immediate success for the specialized press and for our loyal consumers. Montes` blessing has been the achievement of everything they set out to do.

In 2005, they became the fifth Chilean bottled wine exporter; they achieved this on their own without seeking joint ventures or foreign consultancies of any kind, as has been the case of other wineries in the highest category. We are proud to state that Montes has been extremely successful, this has been the result of a group made up by Chileans, 100%, and the result of our own hard work.

Under the enlightened leadership of Aurelio Montes, the Montes winery remains one of the standard-bearers for Chilean wines. The Carmenere-based Purple Angel is one of the two or three best of its type; the Folly is arguably Chile’s finest Syrah, and the Montes Alpha M one of the Cabernet-based icons.